|2.0 Promethean: the Created™ Rules|
A P:tC CHARACTER
PROMETHEAN THEMED MEDIA
PROMETHEAN RELATED WEB SITES
Promethean: the Created
(Thank You to Ikiris for extensive help completing the creation rules for the page)
Restrictions are things that are legal by the book but for game balance or other reasons, the STs want more strict control over how much it is in play in this game. The below are not allowed. Forbidden means not ever; restricted means we have in the past or we may in the future but not now.
All Prometheans are restricted permanently (ST permission only), because this is a close-quarters, high-interaction game and disquiet can quickly become an issue.
RESTRICTED LINEAGE: Unfleshed.
FORBIDDEN LINEAGE: Zeka (NPC class only)
RESTRICTED REFINEMENTS: Aes the refinement of Bronze (Aid), Argentum the refinement of Silver (Mystery), Cobalus the refinement of Cobalt (Impurity), or Plumbum the refinement of Lead (Source).
FORBIDDEN REFINEMENTS: Centimani are NPC class only.
RESTRICTED MERITS: Azothic Object, Companion
RESTRICTED TRANSMUTATIONS: Benefice, Contamination, Saturninus, Spiritus, and Irradiation
MAKING A PROMETHEAN CHARACTER:
Using the Template that you can download HERE:
1. Name: Put the name of your character. Make sure it is not on the Blocked Names List.
2. Player: Put your name (and preferably also your email address).
3. Chronicle: Put "Washington DC By Night." (or DC By Night or 11th Hour)
4. Concept: This is open-ended, but you can see examples on pg. 34 of WW55002.
Concepts are usually a 1-3 word root-level label for who your character is at the core as a person (not in a supernatural sense), usually succinctly matching their personality and their function.
Examples might be: Ambitious Journalist, Angry Young Man, Drifter, Intellectual, Lost Waif, Party Animal, Politician, Misguided Prophet, Radical Politician, Socialite. These are stereotypes, and needn't be literal; details would be covered in your background.
5. Virtue: (Loosely based on the Seven Heavenly Virtues) List on Pg. 34; explained on pg. 100-105 of WW55002
Choose one of the following: Charity, Faith, Fortitude, Hope, Justice, Prudence or Temperance.
6. Vice: (Loosely based on the Seven Deadly Sins) List on Pg. 34; explained on pg. 100-105 of WW55002
Choose one of the following: Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth or Wrath.
7. Lineage: Choose from Frankenstein (The Wretched), Galatea (Muses), Osiris (Nepri), Tammuz (Golems), Ulgan (The Riven).
8. Refinements: Choose from – Aurum the refinement of Gold (Mortality), Cuprum the refinement of Copper (Self), Ferrum the refinement of Iron (Corpus), Mercurius the refinement of Quicksilver (Pyros), or Stannum the refinement of Tin (Torment).
9. Throng: Name of local group (or names of members) you primarily hang out with, align yourself with, or identify with. If you do not yet have one, you may leave this blank for now.
Attributes are broken down into Mental, Physical and Social, but also across the other way, into Power, Finesse and Resistance. (See pg. 47, WW55002 for details.)
Starting dots for Attributes are 5/4/3.
11. SKILLS (Mental/Physical/Social): You will have 11/7/4 starting dots (+3 Specialties).
(See pg. 53, WW55002 for more info.) Mental skills you don't have dots in will cost -3 to your dice pool for a roll using that stat. Physical & Social are -1 for unskilled.
12. MERITS (7 starting points) -- See pg. 34 (list) and pg. 108 (explanations) in WW55002
14. BESTOWMENT: List here
15. EQUIPMENT: List any equipment you carry, especially any that would require dice, and their dice mods.
Choose a total of three points from: Alchemicus, Corporeum, Deception, Disquietism, Electrification, Mesmerism, Metamorphosis, Sensorium, Vitality, Vulcanus
17. HEALTH (12 points): No need to fill anything in.
19. PYROS (20 pts. Max):
20. AZOTH (10 pts. Max):
21. HUMANITY (10 pts. Max):
22. Additional Notes for Combat: Size, Speed, Initiative Mod, Defense, Armor
BEFORE YOU FINISH YOUR CHAR SHEET, CHECK IT AGAINST THE RESTRICTIONS FOR ALL GENRES:
- Dr. Harry Wolper in "Creator" (1985)
You can email sheets to any ST in the channel. You are responsible to check with the ST to see if they has received your character. The above-named ST is just designated as more well-versed in the genre but you can and may be guided by any ST on staff.
Download these books and other WW Books
(even Out of Print!) on PDF LEGALLY:
PROMETHEAN THEMED MEDIA:
MUSIC: Iron Man (Black Sabbath),
Quintessential PROMETHEAN Archetypes in Media & Myth:
LINKS TO PROMETHEAN RELATED WEB SITES:
All Gaming Sourcebooks & Materials for this campaign are © 2004-2008 White Wolf Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.